Yasamin Mostofi is a professor in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at the University of California Santa Barbara. She received her Ph.D. from Stanford University in 2004. Her current research is at the intersection of communications and robotics, on mobile sensor networks. Current research thrusts include X-ray vision for robots, occupancy estimation, RF sensing, communication-aware robotics, see-through imaging, and human-robot networks. Yasamin is the recipient of the 2016 Antonio Ruberti Prize from the IEEE Control Systems Society, the Presidential Early Career Award for Scientists and Engineers (PECASE) from President Obama, the National Science Foundation (NSF) CAREER award, and the IEEE 2012 Outstanding Engineer Award of Region 6 (more than 10 Western U.S. states), among other awards. Her research has appeared in several reputable news venues such as BBC, Huffington Post, Daily Mail, Engadget, TechCrunch, NSF Science360, ACM News, and IEEE Spectrum, among others.
Research Areas: Mostofi’s research interests include sensing and imaging with everyday communication signals, occupancy estimation, see-through imaging, human-robot networks, communication-aware robotics, and robotic decision making.
Available Technologies Developed by Professor Mostofi:
- 2016 IEEE Control Systems Society (CSS) Antonio Ruberti Young Researcher Prize
- 2015 Keynote Speaker and Honorarium Receipt, HP annual Imaging Conference, San Diego, CA
- 2012 IEEE Outstanding Engineer Award of Region 6. This award is given annually to one scientist or engineer in Region 6. Region 6 covers all the western United States, including California, Oregon, Washington, Nevada, Arizona, Utah, Idaho, Montana, Alaska, Hawaii, parts of New Mexico, and parts of Wyoming.
- 2011 Presidential Early Career Award for Scientists and Engineers (PECASE)
- 2009 National Science Foundation (NSF) CAREER award
- 2012 IEEE Outstanding Engineer Award of Albuquerque
- 2008-2009 ECE Distinguished Researcher Award, Univ. of New Mexico
- 1999 Recipient of Bellcore fellow-advisor award, Stanford University
For more information on Professor Mostofi’s accomplishments and research click here