Professor Mishra joined ECE Department at the University of California, Santa Barbara in 1990 from the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at North Carolina State University. A recognized leader in the area of high-speed field effect transistors, Dr. Mishra has made major contributions at every laboratory and academic institution for which he has worked, including: Hughes Research Laboratories in Malibu, California; the University of Michigan at Ann Arbor; and General Electric, Syracuse, New York. His current research areas attempt to develop an understanding of novel materials and extend them into applications. He is the Director of the AFOSR PRET Center for Non-Stoichiometric Semiconductors and of the ONR MURI Center (IMPACT), which relates to the application of SiC and GaN based transistors for power amplification.
Dr. Mishra is also the CEO and Co-founder of Transphorm, a power conversion company based in Goleta, CA.
Research Areas: GaN electronics, GaN opto-electronics, GaN materials, oxide-based electronics, non-stoichiometric semiconductors, vacuum microelectronics, and Inp & GaAs based electronics.
Available Technologies Developed by Professor Mishra:
- 2012 Heinrich Welker Award for “The Development of Gallium Nitride High Power Electronics from Conception, Education to Commercialization”, International Symposium on Compound Semiconductors
- 2007 IEEE David Sarnoff Award
- 2006 Thesis Advisor to Landcaster Award Winner, Tomas Palacios
- 2006 Distinguished Alumnus Award, IIT Kampur
- 2004 Thesis Advisor to Landcaster Award Winner, Ilan Ben-Yaacov
- 2003 Advisor to Best Student Oral Presentation, Debdeep Jena, Electronic Materials Conference
- 1998 Advisor to Best Student Oral Presentation, P. Kozodoy, Electronic Materials Conference
- 1998 Best Student Paper Award, G. Parish, Univeristy of Western Australia, Perth Australia
- 1997-1998 Outstanding Faculty Member, College of Engineering Student Council
- 1995 Gledden Visiting Senior Fellowship, University of Western Australia
- 1995 Fellow, IEEE
- 1992 Young Scientist of the Year Award (Intl’ GaAs Symposium)
- 1989 NSF, Presidential Young Investigator Award
- 1988-1989 IEEE-MTT National Lecturer, “Speaker’s Bureau,”
- 1985 Appointed Principal Staff Engineer at General Electric in recognition of success in mm-wave HEMT and mixer diode areas
For more information on Professor Mishra’s accomplishments and research click here